A completely-in-the-canal hearing aid is molded to fit inside your ear canal. It improves mild to moderate hearing loss in adults.
A completely-in-the-canal hearing aid:
- Is the smallest and least visible type
- Is less likely to pick up wind noise
- Uses very small batteries, which have shorter life and can be difficult to handle
- Doesn't contain extra features, such as volume control or a directional microphone
- Is susceptible to earwax clogging the speaker
As the name implies-these are designed to fit completely inside the ear canal. It is the smallest hearing aid and is very discreet. The cosmetic appeal of this style depends largely on the size and shape of the wearer's ear canal.